It had been picked up under his watch at the beginning of his term as well, after showing signs in 2000 of a recession. Ebb and flow, ebb and flow. Its the way the economy has always been no matter who is in office.
Make it 7 years then...regardless Bush could have asked for John the Baptist's head on a plate during those years and someone in the GOP congress would've found it, dug it up, and brought it to Washington...so it isn't an excuse..they could have undone anything previous administrations did. You can't dodge the fact this whole economy collapse happened on their watch.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It had been picked up under his watch at the beginning of his term as well, after showing signs in 2000 of a recession. Ebb and flow, ebb and flow. Its the way the economy has always been no matter who is in office.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Ebb and flow is OK...not being able to afford to live isn't. We are fixin to realize what folks did after Hoover left office. Hopefully we can find a leader like FDR that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can find a leader that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good. </div></div>
Sorry but that comment scears the CRAP out of me
Doesn't scare me as bad as a depression as bad as the one that ended the 20's. FDR didn't exactly go by the book...but he got the job done.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ebb and flow is OK...not being able to afford to live isn't. We are fixin to realize what folks did after Hoover left office. Hopefully we can find a leader like FDR that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good. </div></div>
With thinking like that, there is no hope for this country.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I might be on crack, but aren't the Dems who now control congress trying to pass another gas tax as we speak???
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Nope..they are trying to take away the billions of dollars of tax breaks that big oil receives cuz they are posting annual record profits...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might be on crack, but aren't the Dems who now control congress trying to pass another gas tax as we speak??? </div></div>
It ain't just a fuel tax them idiot dems will try to pass...any increase in tax is fair game for them. Dems will never take any responsibility for ANYthing... raise taxes and pass the buck. Course, they have minions of idiots that follow them. Pelosi is undoubtedly the biggest twit to ever hold office, much less be a majority leader. But let's blame everything on Bush, and watch them dems get swept out of office in a few months. Har, har, har...Go Obama, go Hillary...either of you is just what the socialist world awaits.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope..they are trying to take away the billions of dollars of tax breaks that big oil receives cuz they are posting annual record profits... </div></div>
Laughable. Best one I've heard today!
Bookmarks